Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Toys

New Toy #1

So I finally got my hands on a brand new copy of Final Cut studio as I've been waiting to upgrade from Express for a few years now. It comes with Motion, Soundtrack, Compressor, DVD Studio, and a few other things... basically everything you need to create high end videos...in one package.
Check it out here: http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/

I was even able to get 2 Apple Pro Training Final Cut 7 books to help me take my knowledge of the program to the next level... which I'm pretty excited about. So I was all set to install Final Cut on my computer the other day when I realized that the program requires Mac OSX 10.5.6. So I go to upgrade my computer to leopard and find out that I forgot my copy of leopard at my parents place...in St.Catharines.... which means I'll have to wait another week to use the program when I'm able to head to St. Catharines.. which brings me to

New Toy #2

The Alesis Palm Track recorder.
Check it out here: http://www.alesis.com/palmtrack
I also have to pick this one up in St. Catharines. Just found out about this bad boy. It's a hand held recording device that records audio at mp3 quality and pro audio quality of 48k 24bit. It's fairly cheap and worth checking out. I grabbed it to use as a sound recorder for my film "Trick or Treat". It will work great with the Canon 7d which has great picture quality but no manual controls for the audio.

I'm counting down the days.



No comments:

Post a Comment